We offer icons hand-painted on portrait-quality polyflax canvas, which is strong, durable, light-weight, and will not shrink. The Giclée icons are printed on exhibition-quality canvas in very long-lasting pigment-based, rather than dye-based, ink. All our canvas icons are sealed with a semi-gloss UV-protective varnish.
Our Icon Studio can provide both hand-painted and printed mural icons on canvas for the adornment of churches. As churches vary in size and style, we can put our 35+ years of experience in iconography at your service to design a traditional layout for your church.
Decorative borders, napkins, extra angels, and other additional elements are available. It is also possible to combine hand-painted and printed media, e.g. printed napkins and borders could be ordered along with painted icons. Please contact us to discuss the various means of adorning your church.
Any icon may be ordered as a simple canvas print, but a variety of gold options are also available:
- Hand-painted icons with 23k gold halos and background.
- Hand-painted icons with 23k gold halos with blue background.
- Printed icons with 23k gold halos and background.
- Printed icons with 23k gold halos with blue background.
- Printed icons with Dutch, (imitation gold) halos and background.
- Printed icons with Dutch, (imitation gold) halos and blue background.
Additional gold may be added to clothing, architectural elements, and other details for both painted and printed icons.